July 30, 2013

[EN] ASIATIQUE The Riverfront

ASIATIQUE The Riverfront in Bangkok, Night shopping at the bazaar by the river..

Asiatique, a new hangout place for the Thais since April 2012 and also a new tourist spot for the tourists. It's an open-air shopping area along Chao Phraya riverside and also embedded with entertainment show, e.g. Calypso ladyboy cabaret and soon, a classic Thai puppets performance and the giant white Ferris Wheel.

So, beginning by my friend, Naru, whom needed a picture of Asiatique for her building renovation college report. She asked me out since I've never been there, right after me recovered. I had a small test today for my B5 level, the score wasn't that great ( according to my 4 days absent).



Today, we get on the free tourist boat, and cruise all the way to Asiatique pier. And to be reminded that Asiatique only opened after 5pm. Alternatively, Naru always get there from  Saphan Taksin sky-train station. In the website also said that easiest and fastest way to get there is via boat. Get off sky-train from saphan taksin, walk to the central pier and there is a free shuttle-boat to fetch you to Asiatique. It's about 10 minutes ride and the service is until 23:00pm. Taxis are not recommended as the traffic can be terrible in this area.





Shop stalls at Asiatique sell an eclectic mix of fashion by local designers, home decor stuff, arts and crafts, and novelty items that stretches one's imagination. My attraction are always on Thai sink's style of cloth and Northern style cloth, Thais aren't commonly wear these kind of cloth but mostly foreigners. Comparing locally clothes style with modern clothes, it certainly showing a higher cloth for local style of clothes and decorations.  



ASIATIQUE The Riverfront
More at Bangkok Magazine website , Crancylittlemonster blog (review),

Opening Hours: 17:00-midnight
Location: Chareonkrung Soi 74-76
Website: http://www.thaiasiatique.com

How to get there: The easiest and fastest way to get there is via boat. Take the BTS to Saphan Taksin and jump on the free shuttle at the end of the pier. It only takes ten minutes, and the boat runs until 23:00. Taxis are not recommended as the traffic can be terrible in this area.


The biggest mistake we made here was that we didn't bring camera along with us, so every picture were taken by our iphone. Inside Asiatique's foodcourt that houses a variety of Asian cuisines. I didn't get to taste any of food here, since I'm still in a process of recovering from my surgery last week.

The time I spent 2-3 hours inside Asiatique, walking around, checked out stuffs they had. I found these 2 shorts very interesting, it cost 100B each, the quality was okay but the size they attached aren't similar. I guess it was okay for this price, and their service were really kind and friendly. The singlets are; one written in Thai "Red bull" and I love Bangkok, 2 singlets equals 500B. There were many shops to seek around if you visit :))

1 comment:

  1. You made beautiful pictures of you trip to the riverfront in Bangkok. I've never been to Thailand!!
    The ferris wheel looks huge and very beautiful all in white.
    I love how you decorated the ice-cream picture! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete